Everything you need to know about autoflowering feminized marijuana seeds.
Cannabis seeds are divided into three main types: feminized seeds, auto flower seeds and fast growing weed seeds. However, as a sub-category of marijuana seeds, there are feminized and auto-flowering marijuana seeds.
If you are wondering what they are, you have a legitimate doubt! Not everyone knows and relying on an online marijuana seed store is the right way to find out. Today we will explain in detail what auto-flowering feminised seeds are and why they are so popular.
What are feminized auto-flowering marijuana seeds?
Feminized seeds are plant seeds that contain exclusively female genes (hormonally altered in this regard).
As a result, they produce weed seeds with over 90% chance of producing female cannabis plants, while regular seeds have a 50/50 chance of producing female or male plants.
Autoflowering seeds, on the other hand, are the result of crossing an Indica and/or Sativa cannabis variety with a Ruderalis variety. They produce flowers with high THC content but plants with similar characteristics to Ruderalis. The auto-flowering plants automatically flower according to age (not season), grow very fast and have a swift vegetative and flowering phase.
Besides, one of the most remarkable features of auto-flowering cannabis plants is that they go from germination to flowering in a maximum of 10 weeks.
Let’s discover the feminised auto-flowering seeds characteristics.
These are varieties born from the hybridisation of auto-flowering plants with feminised plants. Feminised auto-flowering seeds, such as auto flower seeds BSF, have genuinely unique and sought-after characteristics.
The characteristics of feminised autoflowering seeds
They can generate cannabis plants that possess these exciting characteristics:
- they are over 90% likely to be born female;
- they cross and flower very quickly (they produce flowers within 10 weeks of germination);
- they are small in size, like Cannabis Ruderalis. They usually barely reach one meter in height;
- they flower automatically according to their age. Their flowering does not depend on seasons and photoperiod, but occurs automatically;
- they produce THC-rich flowers due to their partially Indica and/or Sativa genetics.
The advantages and disadvantages of auto flower seeds also derive from these characteristics. But before talking about it, we want to remind you that in the UK their cultivation is forbidden by law. It is a criminal offence (in any case it is sold to third parties) or administrative (if for personal use only).
If, on the other hand, you have moved to a country other than the UK, you must naturally follow the rules of the place where you reside. Perhaps you are lucky, and you are in a city in Spain, the United States or another country where it is permitted to grow cannabis for recreational and/or therapeutic use!
Now let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of feminised auto-flowering seeds.
Read also: Is it legal to buy marijuana seeds in Italy?
Advantages and disadvantages of feminised autoflowering weed seeds.
The autoflowering and feminised seeds benefits are many! Especially if the grower plants them indoors or in a greenhouse. Here are the main ones:
- Plants with more than 90% chance of being female: the grower doesn’t have to meticulously scout a plantation to identify the male plants and weed them out before they fertilise the females;
- The very rapid growth of the stem and flowers. Harvest can take place about 10 to 11 weeks after germination!
- The possibility of growing several cannabis plants in succession, precisely because of the speed of their development;
- High resistance to humidity, parasites and temperature changes, a characteristic inherited from Ruderalis;
- Automatic flowering based on the age of the plants, not on the seasons;
- The small size of the plants, making them perfect for indoor growing.
Of course, feminised autoflowering seeds also have disadvantages, mainly related to the grower’s needs. Here are some of them:
- Lower flower production than seasonal plants due to the small size of the auto-flowering plants. Note, however, that auto-flowering plants grow so fast that they can be planted several times a year for higher yields. Also, feminised autoflowering plants are small in size. They require less space than feminised plants and can be planted in larger quantities in countries where this is possible;
- High electricity consumption, to optimise flower production, growers should subject the plants to 24/24 hours of light or 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. However, these consumptions can be easily optimised through the use of LED lamps, which represent an excellent investment for the grower.
As you can see, the disadvantages are rare and easy to solve. We also remind you that in the UK it is not possible to grow cannabis seeds … So take this information as a guide and buy your marijuana seeds from SensorySeeds – your marijuana seed collection!